Friday, September 12, 2008

Look at the time!

I knelt to pray but not for long, I had too much to do . I had to hurry and get to work For bills would soon be due . So I knelt and said a hurried prayer, And jumped up off my knees . My Christian duty was now done My soul could rest at ease . . . . . All day long I had no time To spread a word of cheer No time to speak of Christ to friends, They'd laugh at me I'd fear . No time, no time, too much to do, That was my constant cry, No time to give to souls in need But at last the time, the time to die I went before the ABBA FATHER, I came, I stood with downcast eyes . For in his hands God! held a book; It was the book of life . Heavenly Father looked into his book and said 'Your name I cannot find I once was going to write it down . . . But never found the time..

No comments: